An Instagram photo without a caption is as good as you without a name.
Not only does a caption add personality to the photo, it engages those looking at it.
Since Instagram is all about photos, using an attractive caption to go along with it makes all the difference to your post.
Those making a living out of Instagram should consider giving good captions to their photos to make sure they attract followers and make those who follow them spend the time to look at what you have created. The more time someone spends on your post, the more likely they are to follow you and click on your links, subscribe to your website or buy a product you advertise.
150 Best Instagram Captions You Can Use for Your Photos
1. Cute Instagram Captions
- I just can’t pretend to be normal. It’s abnormal.
- I can’t help looking away the moment you turn to look at me.
- Love it when I’m the reason for your smile
- The only time I love distraction is when you’re the cause.
- I would rather live alone than give up waiting for you.
- I thought people who smiled without a reason were mad, till I joined them.
- Tie your brain to your heart. They don’t work well without each other
- Forget that makeup. Put on your smile.
- There’s nothing like perfect beauty.
- It’s always imperfect till you find something to love.
2. Funny Instagram Captions
- You can’t handle me even if I had an instruction manual
- Need another day between Saturday and Sunday
- I have my own little world, but at least they all know me in here
- Common sense is like deodorant, least used by those who most need it.
- All those equations that threatened to fail us in math, has anybody ever really used them?
- I don’t mind people who don’t like me; they have no taste.
- Break bones, not hearts. There are 206 bones and they can be repaired.
- Why don’t your legs run the way your mouth does? You’d be a model by now.
- It will really help if you can be as crazy as me.
- I don’t know why people think I’m joking when I’m actually being mean.
- I miss my job; only on vacations.
3. Song Lyrics For Instagram Captions
- Some days I need the music and some days I need the lyrics
- I won’t give up on us even if the skies get rough
- Wake me up when it’s all over
- And I don’t mind, if we take our time, cause I’m all yours, if you’re all mine
- Mama told me not to waste my time. she said spread your wings my little butterfly
- There’s a little bit of devil in those angel eyes.
- She’s a little bit of heaven with a wild side
- I cross my heart and promise to give all I got to give to make all your dreams come true
- Take my hand. We’ll make it. I swear.
- All that you are is all that I’ll ever need
- I might only have one match, but I can make an explosion
- And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
- You don’t want me, you don’t need me, like I want you, like I need you.
- That God blessed the broken road that led me straight to you.
- In the end we only regret the chances we didn’t take
- She finds color in the darkest places. She finds beauty in the saddest of faces
- The things I can’t change are the reasons you love me
4. Instagram Captions For Selfies
- Capture the moment, it lives forever
- Those selfies you don’t post are what you really look like
- Share your story, however embarrassing. It may inspire someone.
- Confidence level: Selfie with no filter
- Only see reality when I look myself in the mirror
- Spend more time learning about self than taking selfies
- At least, I love myself.
- Like my selfie or I will dislike your person.
- That pout looks like someone punched you on the lips
- Thank you selfie for putting that makeup on me that I didn’t have
- Why call it ’selfie’, just call it ’selfish’.
- Why do people think taking selfies is cool? It just boggles me.
5. Instagram Captions For Friends
- Our friendship is tighter than our jeans
- A friend is someone who is not ashamed of being as weird as me
- Will you pass the ’stick around friend’ test when I fail in life
- A friend is one who watches your back while walking by your side
- You’ve made me laugh more, cry less, live more, crib less, love more, hate less
- Trust me to pick you up when you fall, but just give me time to laugh first
- To some you may be someone, but to someone you may be everything
- Longer the friendship, deeper the bond
- If I fall down never to get up, just know that leaving you is what hurts the most
- Don’t let your friends feel lonely. Disturb them when you can.
- You don’t need to be together to be a friend to someone.
- Distance cannot dull real friendship.
- I came to see you today because I remembered that I didn’t need you – I wanted you.
- Tell me what I don’t want to hear, because that will tell me that you are a true friend.
- I never have to complete my sentences when I’m with you. You just know what I have to say.
6. Instagram Captions For Couples
- I just can’t seem to delete our old messages. They’re like my anchor.
- You make me complete with your presence in my heart
- I don’t know how many more times I’m going to keep falling for you.
- Life is incomplete without you in it.
- I still get goosebumps every time I remember the first time we met
- When the happiness of your spouse becomes more important than yours – It’s love.
- We are meant to be – see the storm that we just overcame together.
- Love makes the ride of life worth all the grime and dust.
- Struggle to like each other, but choose to love each other.
- I will catch all your tears in a bottle. They are too precious to fall down and be trampled.
- Like the glow of the moon, you lighten up my life in the darkest hours.
- The cake you made for my birthday turned into a cookie and my like for you turned into love
- Fate brought us together, love keeps us together
- Without compromise there’s no relationship.
- Without a heart, there’s no love.
7. Instagram Captions For Guys
- A real guy will never stop respecting a woman even after the relationship is over
- Be a man and make your own decisions
- Women love men who lead, not those who like to be led.
- It’s the wrong guys sometimes who say the right things
- Why do people expect so much from men? They’re just too loaded anyway.
8. Instagram Captions For Boyfriend
- Seconds are like hours and days like years when you are not around
- I never thought I could feel this way, till you came along and changed my day
- You make me feel beautiful even in my bad hair days
- Never leave my hand as we walk through life. You make me feel safe.
- I don’t care if you’re not the tallest and strongest, I only care about how loving you are
- You may look like a giant, but you’ve got the gentlest hands and heart that ever was
- He is like a piece of stone but look at him crush in her hands.
- Your arms are big and strong enough to make me feel like I’m home.
- You don’t have to call me cute and hot. Just call me yours.
- You’re the only choice I’ll make in this life. Rest will be what fate deals to me.
9. Instagram Captions For Girlfriend
- Don’t ever lie to her. She knows the answer and that’s why she’s asking.
- I can’t believe I got so lucky that I got you.
- I fight with you because you’re the only one I can express myself to.
- If all you want to do is to be quiet, I would love to be a part of that silence
- Punch me, scold me, fight with me, but don’t ever stop loving me.
- I hope I can be the reason for all your smiles and the hope of all your tomorrows
- You are beautiful, no matter how the world defines it.
- Don’t put on makeup, it hides the beautiful you
- In your gentle arms I find the home of my dreams
- Let me be your last, no matter how many firsts you had
- You have a way to make me feel like something I never thought I could ever feel.
- Nothing is worth more than the time you spend with me
10. Instagram Captions For Love
- If it’s love, it’s got to be you.
- Love deserves you, and you deserve me.
- I become more than I can ever be when your love takes me over and fills me
- Love never bound anyone, it only sets free.
- There’s no love without loyalty
- Love has the capacity of bringing out our creative self
- Your love touched me much before your hand ever did
- To love and be loved makes everything worthwhile
- Tomorrow will be worthwhile if you’ll be part of it
- You are incomplete without your flaws and imperfections. They are what makes you lovable
- I begin my day with you in my mind and end my day with you in my dreams
- When I look at you, all the world just seems to make sense
- I love every part of my life because you are a part of it
- Hearing your voice in the morning gives me a better kick than a cup of strong coffee
- Love is when you miss someone when they are silent even though they are right beside you
- Love is like an arm that holds you when you are weak and helps you at your worst
11. Instagram Captions For Working Out
- If you want to achieve your goal, be obsessed about it
- A great workout will make you physically, mentally, and emotionally better
- If you hate working out, you have a good reason to start doing it
- Stop sucking in your breath to hide that fact, suck it out at the gym and look your best
- Keep working out till you reach the goal you set for yourself
- Don’t let others dictate your goals, you decide and stick to it
- The only place that is really your own is your body. Keep it in good condition.
12. Instagram Captions For Vacation Pics
- The best vacation is when you have all day to do something you love – nothing.
- The best part about vacation is not bothering about the day of the week
- A vacation is what you take when you cannot take what you’ve been taking anymore
- An ideal vacation is an unplanned one
- Vacation is made up of moments that left us breathless
- Enjoy your vacation and don’t let life escape you
- Vacation is the only time when you can be lazy without pretending to be not
Tips: How to write a good Instagram caption
By following the tips below, you shall be able to write good captions on your own.
Without a context a photo has no meaning. Write down why you took the photo and what you intend to convey to your visitors. It will help them to see the photo as you want them to instead of making their own interpretations, which are usually completely out of context.
2. Be audience specific
If you are promoting a brand or maybe targeting a specific kind of audience, make sure you understand what they are looking for. Will your target audience understand your language? Is it appropriate to use emojis or funny words in your caption? Are you using very serious words for targeting a younger audience? Once you analyze that, you are more prepared to write a target specific caption.
3. Promote your brand
If you are keen on making your brand name visible, use captions as an opportunity to do just that. Make sure you use words that embody your business and convey the brand philosophy in a happy, lighthearted, engaging way.
4. Keep it short
People have very short attention spans unless it is captured by something very unusual. Your first few words will make all the difference between someone stopping by and reading the rest of what you wrote or just blinking and scrolling by. If your picture deserves to speak for itself, let it do just that. Give a very brief context and let the photo do its job. Sometimes over captioning will just spoil the mood of the photo and it may lose its charm. Add valuable inputs only if it will add value to the photo.
5. Write interesting words at the start
We all know the famous dots that truncate the message to just a few lines. Those few lines are where the gold lies. Those few lines are all you’ve got to make it or break it. Give the audience a reason to know more of what you have written beyond the truncation by tapping on �more’.
6. Trial and error
There’s nothing in the world that’s a success at first attempt. If you don’t like what you wrote, erase and write again. Keep writing till you are satisfied that it will do the job. Make a few people read it and give their opinion. Edit it till you and the critics are satisfied.
7. Use “hashtags”
It has been found that posts with a hashtag have 12.6% better engagement than those without. Beware of crowding your caption with hashtags because it is a major put off. Hashtags help contextualize your content. Using hashtags that are already popular on Instagram can boost your business. Post a hashtag that you want people to click and get to your website in your comment in the first line. Posting too many hashtags may divert attention from yours.
8. Use a conversational tone or pose a question
Engage your audience by posting a question that they will want to answer. Keep it simple like a yes or no answer. You can also be witty and pose a puzzle like caption that will challenge people to show their capabilities.
9. Use @mentions to promote someone
When you promote others you inevitably get promoted. If there’s someone you know who needs to get mentioned or someone who has been a part of your journey, either travel, business or fun, mention their handles. It gives an unselfish aura to your handle.
10. Give a call to action
If you can afford it, pose a contest and give a reward. Give a call to action in your community like for autistic children, by encouraging others to share your post and participate.