There’s nothing quite as frustrating as a beautiful picture marred by a watermark. Fortunately, there are several ways to remove a watermark on a picture. Here’s a look at three different ways to remove a logo from a picture. Find out which way is right for you, and how to do it.
SoftOrbits has a tool called a Photo Stamp Remover. Essentially a tool to remove a watermark on a picture, the remover can be used to remove any small image or text that obstructs your pictures. It also works on date stamps, logos, and scratches.
The process that the remover uses is completely automatic. It fills the area with the watermark by using the same texture from the surrounding pixels. Doing this blends the pixels together, as if the watermark was never there. There’s no in-depth cloning technology that takes hours to get your desired effect.
How It Works
Using the program is simple. The interface is typical to what you might get on any editing program.
1. Import your photos by uploading them or dragging and dropping them into the program. Once you’ve selected your image, you can get started.
2. You can choose from a variety of tools to remove a logo from a picture.
3. There’s one tool that allows you to remove an object by drawing a rectangular box, a free form tool that allows you to draw your own shape, and a color tool that allows you to select a color to remove.
4. Use whichever tool works best for your watermark; they all can get the job done.
5. After you’ve selected the object you want removed, you can click “Remove.” It’s as simple as that. The program removes the image and replaces the background. It looks as if the object or watermark was never there in the first place.
- High cost (ranges from $29.99 for a Lite version to $199 for a Business version)
- Some of the features (like the color select tool) are difficult to learn without a tutorial
- It’s completely automatic
- You can use it to remove scratches and date stamps, as well as logos
- There’s a free 30-day trial
- You can remove the same watermark from several photos at once
This program is a jack-of-all-trades when it comes to removing things from your photos. In addition to removing watermarks, date stamps, and other unwanted objects from your photos, it also removes wrinkles and blemishes. The program does digital facial retouching- it can completely improve the look of your photo. By rebuilding the pixels from the area surrounding the undesired object, it makes your image appear natural.
Inpaint even allows you to remove moving objects from an image. If you have at least two photos in the same setting, you can use the multi-view feature to replace the background behind a moving object.
How It Works
Importing a photo is as easy as clicking the upload button on the menu. Select the marker tool and choose the area with the watermark. You can change the precision of the marker to meet your needs. For an even simpler selection process, you can use the magic wand tool. This tool automatically selects the area around your watermark, but it works best on simple watermarks that are opaque and one color only.
When you’ve selected your area, click “Erase.” The program removes the watermark, and you’re finished.
- Doesn’t work well with larger images
- More affordable than some ($19.99)
- Download a demo and try it out on your own photo for free
- Remove moving objects
- Remove a logo from a picture in batches
- Magic wand makes simple logos very easy to remove
If you’re looking for an online tool to remove a watermark from a picture, Web Inpaint is the way to go. Very similar to Inpaint, Web Inpaint gives you the same tools without any software. Instead of downloading the editing software, you can access it on your web browser. All you need to get started is to give them your email and a password. After that, you can upload and edit your images for free.
How It Works
Web Inpaint was created by the makers of Inpaint, so you remove watermarks similar to the way that you do in the Inpaint program. The main difference is that Inpaintis done in a downloaded program, and Web Inpaint works on your browser.
First, you upload a photo by selecting “Upload Image.” You can either drag and drop an image in or upload it from your files. Then, select the dot (the marker) and color the watermark. You can choose a finer marker for detailed watermarks, or use a larger one for simple watermarks. Then, select “Run” and the program removes the logo.
- It is a Beta version, so there may be some glitches
- Like Inpaint, it doesn’t work as well with large image removal
- No magic wand tool
- Difficult to remove intricate objects or watermarks
- Limited options for watermark removal
- It’s free
- You don’t need to download any software to get started
- Very easy to use
- You can save your photos online and access them from any computer
Which is the best?
It’s impossible to say that one way to remove a logo from a picture is better than another, because each program has benefits and drawbacks. It depends on what you plan to use the software for.
While Web Inpaint is the cheapest option (after all, it is free), it’s not the best choice for detailed jobs. You need to color the selection in with a marker, and that can be difficult to do on an intricate logo. However, if you need a simple removal, Web Inpaint is the cheapest and quickest (because you don’t need to download any software) way to do it.
For watermarks that require more finesse, Inpaint is an excellent option. It allows you to select simple watermarks with the click of a button. And you have many more options to remove not only watermarks, but objects as well. This program can even “edit” your photos by removing blemishes.
Finally, SoftOrbits is the go-to choice if you’re looking for a program with plenty of features. There are many options for selecting object removal, so it can handle just about any object you can throw at it. Choose whichever program suits your needs, and start finding photo perfection.