Most of us will remember those days when we hunted for someone to take our picture against a breathtaking backdrop. Those who were clever enough used their cameras turned towards themselves and tried to take the best shot they could. The only problem was that most of the photos turned out with half an eye, too big a nose, only hair, or just the clouds. The idea of taking selfies is not new, though it was never called by that name but the method of taking them is definitely a revolution.
The selfie stick tripod has made taking self-portraits safe, easy, vivid, and accurate. Using selfie sticks is safer than using the phone directly because it gives a better angle and distance adjustment, so that you don’t have to move to make the adjustment. It also helps take the same image from different angles, with the option of landscape or portrait pictures. Depending on your need and budget, you can choose from a wide range of selfie sticks with monopod and tripods. Below is a list of 10 best selfie sticks that are ruling the market.
Manufactured by Accmor, it is made of lightweight aluminum with buckle to lock the rods, making it easy to carry. It has a soft foam handle with good grip to prevent slipping. It is available for a price of $29.99.
Extended height – 50”,
Folded Height – 16.7”,
Net Weight – 0.52 lbs
- compact and easy to carry
- compatible with digital cameras, POV and smartphones
- It’s not great for professionals
- Needs to be shortened for better stability
Manufactured by XCSOURCE, it is lightweight, adjustable and easy to mount. It is available for a price of $9.99.
Extension from 22-110 cm,
tripod Height – 145-210mm,
Max load – 500 gm,
Weight – 8.5 ounces
- Cheap, compact, easy to carry
- Comes with Bluetooth remote control
- Only compatible with Phone Holder with width range 5.8 to 8.8 cm
- Need to download Camera 360 to use with most android phones
Manufactured by GEPRO, it is one of the smallest sticks that can be carried in your pocket. It is available for a price of $20.00.
Built in focus switch function,
built in mini rearview mirror,
dimension – (8.4×2.5×1.8) inches,
max height – 32”,
weight – 4.8 ounces
- A compact tripod with 2-1 design with Bluetooth remote shutter
- Compatible with Android and Android devices, Google, GoPro Adapter
- Made of plastic, not very durable
- Shorter length gives a more comfortable experience
Manufactured by Foneso, it comes with an adjustable phone holder. It has a folded length of 7.1 inches making it very portable. It is available for a price of $17.99.
extendable length – 7.1” to 32.7”,
rotation with phone holder – 270°,
weight – 12.8 ounces.
- Made of Aluminum with non-slip rubber grip
- Fits in digital cameras, SLR, and GoPro
- Fits phones with width less than 3”
- The phone holder does not rotate to vertical position
Manufactured by Yunteng, it is durable and lightweight. It’s the first Handsfree Bluetooth selfie stick. It is available for a price of $19.99.
dimension – (8.7x3x1.8) inches,
extendable length – 7.5” to 31.5”,
weight – 8.8 ounce
- The monopod can be converted into a tabletop tripod
- Bluetooth selfie stick gives strong support
- Made of hard anodized aluminum
- Compatible with smartphones without case, width 5.8 to 8.5 cm
- Tripod legs need bracing to support heavier cameras or it may tip over
Manufactured by ChargerCity, it comes with a direct replacement policy. It has a soft rubber spring reinforced, cushioned holder, with swivel adjustment. It is available for a price of $12.95.
dimension – (8.5×4.5×1.3) inches,
weight 2.1 ounce,
360° swivel adjustment.
- 360° swivel adjustment allows for taking landscape and portrait images
- Easy to install
- Made with high quality durable material
- Accommodates smartphones with widths up to 36”
- Grips are a little smooth that may allow phone to slide out
- Doesn’t come with an adapter
Manufactured by Lifestyle Designs, it is a very simple, heavy duty, easy and portable tripod. It can take pictures up to 30 feet away. It comes with many additional attachments with a convenient bag to carry it all together. It also has a Bluetooth phone remote. It is available for a price of $39.99.
length – 1”,
width – 1”,
Height – 15.5”,
max extendable length on tripod – 40”,
Weight 6.4 ounces.
- Takes videos and photos with the Snapchat app
- Best value pack in the market, with many additional attachments
- Works on android phones but need to install an app to work on iPhones
- Clamp can only stretch to certain width and may break if stretched beyond limit
Manufactured by HISY WING, the selfie stick includes monopod and tripod. It has an aluminum body and the monopod can extend up to 10.24” to 45”. It is available for a price of $24.99.
closed length – 10.24”,
extended length – 45.08”,
diameter – 0.94”,
weight – 6.7 ounce.
- Has a monopod and tripod
- User friendly and compact
- Works well with iPhone
- Doesn’t work well on Android
Manufactured by IK Multimedia, it has a 4 in 1 smartphone holder. It comes with a nonopod, mini tripod and tripod adapter. It is available for a price of $49.75.
extendable length – 19.7”,
weight – not specified,
mount – standard ¼” UNC threaded ball mount,
tilt – 90°,
rotation – 360°.
- Bluetooth wireless connectivity
- Wireless range of 33 feet
- Made of lightweight plastic and aluminum
- Does not have a very secure hold
- Compatible with devices in the width range of 2.13” to 3.58”
Manufactured by Quick Pod, it has a boom style hand held camera pole that gives a good frame for taking pictures. It comes with supporting adapter legs. It is available for a price of $39.95.
maximum height – 18.5”,
folded length – 7.5”,
weight – 3.5 ounce
- Made of high quality polycarbonate and aluminum materials
- Strong, durable and portable
- Built in rearview mirror
- The plastic material may be a little flimsy and can break while trying to tighten the metal bolt
- Cannot support heavy devices